No flying the past weekend!
So this weekend turned out to be disastrous for me. The powerful cold front whipped up 40kmh winds on Sunday and on Saturday it was too cloudy! Very disappointing for me as I so look forward to it, it is what gets me through a busy work week sometimes just knowing that I will be flying again soon. Sunday morning was -6 with the wind chill factored in. To put it mildly, it was COLD!!
For the first solo, yes, i’m still rambling on about it, you need clear and calm conditions before the instructor will sign me off. So i guess I wait. I need to get permission from my boss to perhaps take Friday off to write my first of 8 exams.
For the successfull completion of a PPL, I need to 40 hours plus I must’ve achieved > 65% for eight exams. Might as well study during the times when the weather is not playing along!
About aviationobsessedramblingIm one of the lucky ones, I found my dream at the age of 8. Getting into the avaition industry has been a long journey for me, but I finally started that journey this year. Currently busy with my student license heading to my CPL. An Industrial Engineer by profession, a pilot wanna-be ALWAYS. Watch this space...
- The IF Rating and the Multi Rating
- IFR Training, First Sim session
- The last of the hour building, exams, IFR Training and the A350!
- New Pilot Theory Exam Syllabus
- Kenya… Here we come
- Hour building – Continuing
- Taking friends for a flip! Arm the doors and cross check!
- Progress.. 8001 Views
- Here we go again, full circle!
- Hour building, eish it is going slow!
- 1 year this weekend!
- Hour-Building, loving it!
- I am Night Rated!
- Some videos from the cross country flight
- Night Nav Exercise Completed
- FTS Bungles up again! No surprise
- No night flight tonight, airport issues!
- First 1.4 hours of 10
- Night rating here we go!
- My little brown book
- 14,815 hits