I hope everyone has had a happy Christmas and an even better new years! I hope it is a prosperous 2013 for all.
Our CAA (SA Civil Aviation Authority) offices re-opened after their break today so I thought I would lug all of my documentation over to be processed so that they could hand me over my PPL License but their IT systems were down unfortunately. A very friendly licensing officer, Michael, went through my paperwork in the meantime. A lot of my instructors signatures were missing, so I will need to wait for him to return from his Christmas break before he can sign it, hopefully making the 30 day cutoff period (the time between my PPL Test and the issuing of the license). I am glad to see the CAA taking the time to make sure that all of the paperwork is in order, makes me feel that the whole process is legit and that once you have your wings you are actually meant to have them fair and square!
Nothing can get me down though, still so excited! Will be researching schools where I can do my night rating so long but I will most likely remain at FTS in Midrand.
About aviationobsessedramblingIm one of the lucky ones, I found my dream at the age of 8. Getting into the avaition industry has been a long journey for me, but I finally started that journey this year. Currently busy with my student license heading to my CPL. An Industrial Engineer by profession, a pilot wanna-be ALWAYS. Watch this space...
- The IF Rating and the Multi Rating
- IFR Training, First Sim session
- The last of the hour building, exams, IFR Training and the A350!
- New Pilot Theory Exam Syllabus
- Kenya… Here we come
- Hour building – Continuing
- Taking friends for a flip! Arm the doors and cross check!
- Progress.. 8001 Views
- Here we go again, full circle!
- Hour building, eish it is going slow!
- 1 year this weekend!
- Hour-Building, loving it!
- I am Night Rated!
- Some videos from the cross country flight
- Night Nav Exercise Completed
- FTS Bungles up again! No surprise
- No night flight tonight, airport issues!
- First 1.4 hours of 10
- Night rating here we go!
- My little brown book
- 14,815 hits