Night rating here we go!
I am all green lights on the ground-front for the night rating to begin. I just need 10 hours to achieve the first component of my commercial license, how exciting is that! I have not flown in 4 weeks so I am super excited to get back in the air again.
I already had my briefing on the ground so I am good to go, well I hope I am. I must say I am quite nervous at the same time, but my instructor will be on the lookout for other aircraft all the time. My first flight’s aim is just to get familiar with night flying so we will most probably fly to the GF. Grand Central Airport is unmanned (no air traffic control services) after 6pm so i will learn joining procedures at an unmanned airport at night which is quite important I reckon.
The remaining 10 hours will focus on instrument flying, there is also an online computer exam which I must pass at the CAA.
First flight is booked for the 28th of Jan.
About aviationobsessedramblingIm one of the lucky ones, I found my dream at the age of 8. Getting into the avaition industry has been a long journey for me, but I finally started that journey this year. Currently busy with my student license heading to my CPL. An Industrial Engineer by profession, a pilot wanna-be ALWAYS. Watch this space...
- The IF Rating and the Multi Rating
- IFR Training, First Sim session
- The last of the hour building, exams, IFR Training and the A350!
- New Pilot Theory Exam Syllabus
- Kenya… Here we come
- Hour building – Continuing
- Taking friends for a flip! Arm the doors and cross check!
- Progress.. 8001 Views
- Here we go again, full circle!
- Hour building, eish it is going slow!
- 1 year this weekend!
- Hour-Building, loving it!
- I am Night Rated!
- Some videos from the cross country flight
- Night Nav Exercise Completed
- FTS Bungles up again! No surprise
- No night flight tonight, airport issues!
- First 1.4 hours of 10
- Night rating here we go!
- My little brown book
- 14,521 hits