No night flight tonight, airport issues!
I must say I am progressing well with my night flying albeit ambit difficult to get up in the mornings for work! I have accumulated 3.6 instrument hours and about 5.5 dual night hours and tonight I was supposed to do a mock test only to finally taxi to the holding point for runway 17 when we realized we couldn’t turn on the runway lights. Grand Central is unmanned during the evenings so we turn on the runway lights by pushing in the push to talk button 4 times on the Grand Central Traffic frequency. We tried and we tried but in the end had to taxi back and park 😦
Will do the mock test on Saturday night and then my night navigation flight on Sunday night and hopefully do my flight test sometime next week, all dependent on the afternoon/evening thunderstorms which occur every single afternoon up here on the Highveld
About aviationobsessedramblingIm one of the lucky ones, I found my dream at the age of 8. Getting into the avaition industry has been a long journey for me, but I finally started that journey this year. Currently busy with my student license heading to my CPL. An Industrial Engineer by profession, a pilot wanna-be ALWAYS. Watch this space...
- The IF Rating and the Multi Rating
- IFR Training, First Sim session
- The last of the hour building, exams, IFR Training and the A350!
- New Pilot Theory Exam Syllabus
- Kenya… Here we come
- Hour building – Continuing
- Taking friends for a flip! Arm the doors and cross check!
- Progress.. 8001 Views
- Here we go again, full circle!
- Hour building, eish it is going slow!
- 1 year this weekend!
- Hour-Building, loving it!
- I am Night Rated!
- Some videos from the cross country flight
- Night Nav Exercise Completed
- FTS Bungles up again! No surprise
- No night flight tonight, airport issues!
- First 1.4 hours of 10
- Night rating here we go!
- My little brown book
- 15,312 hits