FTS Bungles up again! No surprise
So no surprise at all but yet I still get so upset!! I was due to fly a night navigation flight tonight, awesome right, well not when you have to rely on FTS’s aircraft! I spent most of the Sunday afternoon planning the route, filing the flight plan etc only to be in the aircraft, which was supposedly in tip top shape. The plane’s landing lights would not switch on! Another frustrating walk to the office to find out that the only other aircraft available did not have all of the standard equipment needed to fly at night, a VOR. Pretty useless since I should be practicing radio navigation on this nav trip. I found out that the Civil Aviation Authority will be conducting a audit on FTS tomorrow. Now I know I have complained about the school so many times before but I did not tip off the authorities.
I have requested that the money in my account almost R4000 be paid back to me before close of business tomorrow, you know just in case. I am very glad to hear though that there are other students who are also not happy with the safety of the schools planes. Lets hope they just get slapped with a fine and ordered to repair the planes so that I can at least get my night rating first, I am only 2 short flights away!
Disappointment! Anyone else experience this at other flight schools?
About aviationobsessedramblingIm one of the lucky ones, I found my dream at the age of 8. Getting into the avaition industry has been a long journey for me, but I finally started that journey this year. Currently busy with my student license heading to my CPL. An Industrial Engineer by profession, a pilot wanna-be ALWAYS. Watch this space...
- The IF Rating and the Multi Rating
- IFR Training, First Sim session
- The last of the hour building, exams, IFR Training and the A350!
- New Pilot Theory Exam Syllabus
- Kenya… Here we come
- Hour building – Continuing
- Taking friends for a flip! Arm the doors and cross check!
- Progress.. 8001 Views
- Here we go again, full circle!
- Hour building, eish it is going slow!
- 1 year this weekend!
- Hour-Building, loving it!
- I am Night Rated!
- Some videos from the cross country flight
- Night Nav Exercise Completed
- FTS Bungles up again! No surprise
- No night flight tonight, airport issues!
- First 1.4 hours of 10
- Night rating here we go!
- My little brown book
- 14,997 hits