I am Night Rated!
I now have my night rating! A bit of an anticlimax i must say when I went to go and pick up my rating from the CAA, all it is is a reprint of your original PPL with a extra line under your ratings saying, Night Rating. Haha, yes I know but I was just expecting more 🙂
My test with Barend went very well and the aircraft was in good shape too. Some 1.3 hours of IF again with the hood where I had to track to/from ADFs and VORs, some steep turns, some rate 1 turns some stalls with and without flaps, some unusual attitudes etc. After all of this he took away the hood and I had to navigate back to Grand Central without using any radio navigation instruments. It took me about 3 mins to find my bearings (I realized that he had altered my direction indicator only after I glanced at the compass).
He mentioned a couple of new things which I hadn’t learnt before so that was quite cool as well.
So there folks, I am on my way to the next license, my commercial pilots license! I have a lot of work that lies ahead but each day is more exciting than the previous day and I am loving every minute of it. I will start my hour building by hiring one of FTSs planes, ZS-LAK, this Saturday and flinging my sister and Chris around a bit.
Will need to start looking into cheaper planes to do hour building with R1200 per hour is not cheap!
About aviationobsessedramblingIm one of the lucky ones, I found my dream at the age of 8. Getting into the avaition industry has been a long journey for me, but I finally started that journey this year. Currently busy with my student license heading to my CPL. An Industrial Engineer by profession, a pilot wanna-be ALWAYS. Watch this space...
- The IF Rating and the Multi Rating
- IFR Training, First Sim session
- The last of the hour building, exams, IFR Training and the A350!
- New Pilot Theory Exam Syllabus
- Kenya… Here we come
- Hour building – Continuing
- Taking friends for a flip! Arm the doors and cross check!
- Progress.. 8001 Views
- Here we go again, full circle!
- Hour building, eish it is going slow!
- 1 year this weekend!
- Hour-Building, loving it!
- I am Night Rated!
- Some videos from the cross country flight
- Night Nav Exercise Completed
- FTS Bungles up again! No surprise
- No night flight tonight, airport issues!
- First 1.4 hours of 10
- Night rating here we go!
- My little brown book
- 14,815 hits