Hour-Building, loving it!
Its been two weeks since I last posted something. This is just all to tell you that I have so far accumulated 9.7 night hours thus far in my endeavor of reaching 200 hours total time (currently sitting at around 85). This past Friday night I took my good friends, Helena and Thomas up for a triangular flight. We had quite an exciting flight with Thomas’s door continuously opening up, he was quite nervous about it but other than that it was a lot of fun. I didn’t manage to get to Mafikeng as quite strong headwinds were expected (there ended up being only a light 5knot wind in the end anyways) and we would not be able to make it back with the fuel we had. I was not sure if Makikeng had fuel after hours. I still really want to fly there, its right up against the Botswana border and the runway is 4.4km long. The plan is to fly to Mafikeng, or Bloemfontein, this coming Friday.
For me this is the most exciting part of my journey so far because I can decide where I want to fly to so there is some freedom around it plus I can take my friends and family with 🙂
Money is going to be tight this month, very tight. I can afford around 10 hours a month only and this month I should end up with just over 15 hours so going to have to be even more frugal this month. It is my birthday month so…… Who knows 🙂
About aviationobsessedramblingIm one of the lucky ones, I found my dream at the age of 8. Getting into the avaition industry has been a long journey for me, but I finally started that journey this year. Currently busy with my student license heading to my CPL. An Industrial Engineer by profession, a pilot wanna-be ALWAYS. Watch this space...
- The IF Rating and the Multi Rating
- IFR Training, First Sim session
- The last of the hour building, exams, IFR Training and the A350!
- New Pilot Theory Exam Syllabus
- Kenya… Here we come
- Hour building – Continuing
- Taking friends for a flip! Arm the doors and cross check!
- Progress.. 8001 Views
- Here we go again, full circle!
- Hour building, eish it is going slow!
- 1 year this weekend!
- Hour-Building, loving it!
- I am Night Rated!
- Some videos from the cross country flight
- Night Nav Exercise Completed
- FTS Bungles up again! No surprise
- No night flight tonight, airport issues!
- First 1.4 hours of 10
- Night rating here we go!
- My little brown book
- 14,997 hits